OPEN ONLY TO ELIGIBLE LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 48 CONTIGUOUS UNITED STATES AND DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (EXCLUDING TERRITORIES), 18 YEARS OLD OR OLDER (AND OF LEGAL AGE IN THE STATE OF RESIDENCE) AS OF TIME OF ENTRY
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY
A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING
1. THE CONTEST: The Sony Electronics Inc. Story of the Month Contest (“Contest”) consists of a two (2) monthly Contests for the most “viewed” story during each Monthly Contest as tabulated on the Maker’s website: www.maker.me (“Maker Website”) The Contest starts on 06/12/17 at 12:00:01 A.M. PST and ends 07/31/17 at 11:59:59 P.M. PST (“Promotion Period”). The specific dates for each Monthly Contest are as stated in Rule 4 below.
2. HOW TO ENTER: To enter the Contest, the entrant must (i) publish their story with rich content like photos, videos, and text (collectively “Submission”) via the Maker Editor available on www.sony.com/stories; (ii) after creating the story, the entrant must sign-up for a Maker account; and (iii) post and submit the Submission for the Contest via the Maker Editor on www.sony.com/stories
3. SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS: Photos in the Submission should be submitted as jpgs and ideally less than 20MB in file size. The photos and videos in the story must be captured using Sony camera and/or lenses.
During the Promotion Period, each eligible entrant may submit no more than a maximum of 20 Submission entries per person per Monthly Contest. The Submissions: (i) may not have been won or have been previously submitted to Sony, Maker, or to any other Contest, including third party Contests; (ii) must be the exclusive original work of the entrant; (iii) may not be inappropriate, offensive, libelous or defamatory, pornographic, sexually explicit, unlawful or plagiarized, as determined by Sony or Maker in their sole discretion; (iv) must not be harassing, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, profane, obscene, excessively violent, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable or offensive in any way, as determined by Sony or Maker in their sole discretion;, (v) may not violate or encourage others to violate any applicable law, statute, ordinance or regulation; (vi) may not defame or invade publicity rights or privacy of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon any person’s personal or property rights or any other third party rights; (vii) may not contain commercial or corporate advertising, including but not limited to corporate logos, brand names, and slogans, other than those relating to Sony or Maker; (viii) may not include any viruses, worms, corrupt files, Trojan horses, or other forms of corruptive code or content that may harm or compromise Sony or Maker systems; (ix) may not use any watermarks or distinguishing artist marks (such as signatures); and (x) if found to be in violation of these rules will be disqualified.
By submitting a Submission, entrant represents that (i) s/he has the unrestricted right to submit the Submission, including all parts therof; (ii) all persons whose name or likeness appears in the Submission have unconditionally consented, in writing, the right to their appearance in the Submission and unconditionally granted entrant, in writing, the right to submit the Submission subject to these Contest Rules, a copy of such writing will be furnished to Sony upon request from entrant; and (iii) the Submission does not infringe upon any third party’s proprietary or other rights. Do not submit the original file of the photo or video. All submitted materials, Submissions, become the property of Sony and Maker and will not be returned to entrant.
Each entry can only be entered once. Duplicates will be removed. Each entrant must be the sole author and owner of the copyright of the Submission entered. An entrant must not have licensed any rights in the work that will conflict with the usage rights required by Sony or Maker. If Sony or Maker has reason to believe an entry is not an entrant’s own work or otherwise breaches these Rules, then Sony and Maker may not consider it and may disqualify the entry. Source material or proof of permission to use must be made available on request by Sony or Maker.
By entering a Submission, entrant grants Sony and Maker a royalty-free, fully paid up, non-exclusive worldwide license to reproduce, republish, edit and/or modify the Submission for advertising, marketing, publicity, commercial purposes or other purposes at any time in any manner of media with attribution to the entrant. Entrants consent to the use of their personal image, name and/or Submission in any advertising, marketing, publicity, commercial purposes or other purposes at any time in any manner of media by Sony and Maker without compensation. For example, we may use the Submission in Sony emails, on www.sony.com or hard copy, print advertising/marketing materials. Failure to publish a credit due to error or oversight shall not be deemed a breach of this condition.
4. SELECTION OF WINNERS:
The Contest consists of two (2) Monthly Contests, each starting and ending on the dates and times described in the table below. Non-winning entries from one Monthly Contest will neither be carried forward nor included in subsequent Monthly Contests but may be featured on www.sony.com/stories.
All Contest entries will be judged on about each of the Contest Judging Dates by Sony, in its sole discretion, based on the most number of “views” the entrant receives on and as tabulated through the Maker Website.
If there is a tie between any eligible entries, additional judging criteria will break the tie as described herein. Judging criteria will be based on story engagement, calculated as a weighted score of :
- 25% Click-through to products and related stories
- 25% Average Attention Time on story
- 50% Social Shares
On the Approximate Notification Dates, Maker will contact winners from among all eligible entries, and the potential winners will be notified by phone or e-mail. Sony’s decisions shall be final in all matters pertaining to this Contest. Odds of winning the Contest depend on the total number of all eligible entries received throughout the Contest Period.
Submissions or “views” received outside of this Monthly Contest time period will not be considered as entry for that specific Monthly Contest.
Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more views by any fraudulent or inappropriate means, including without limitation, offering prizes or other inducements to members of the public, use of automated program, using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant’s entry and that entrant may be disqualified as determined by Sony in its sole discretion.
5. PRIZES AND APPROX. RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”): TOTAL OF ONE (1) CONTEST PRIZE PER MONTHLY CONTEST: There will be one (1) winner for each Monthly Contest who will receive one (1) Sony RX100 V camera (model DSC-RX100M5) (ARV $999.99). The winner each will receive a Sony RX100 V camera, and the winning story will be featured on Sony.com/stories after the Contest has closed. prize is non-transferable.
All costs and expenses not specifically included above, such as federal, state and local sales and use taxes, etc. are solely each winner’s responsibility. Sony has no responsibility for a winner’s inability or failure to accept or utilize a prize as described herein. The prize is not redeemable for cash, nontransferable and non-substitutable except that Sony may, in its sole discretion, substitute a prize or any component therof with one of equal or greater value. The potential winner of the Contest may be required to sign and return within ten (10) days of notification or attempted notification of being a potential winner, an Affidavit of Eligibility/Compliance (including Social Security Number as required for tax reporting purposes) & Publicity/Liability Release (where permitted by law), or the prize will be forfeited in its entirety and, time allowing, an alternate potential winner will be selected. Additionally, the winner will each receive a Form 1099 in the amount of the actual value of the prize, as required by law. If the prize is won by a minor in his/her state of residence, his/her parent or legal guardian must sign and return all required aforementioned documentation.
6. ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open only to persons who are legal residents of, and living within, the 48 contiguous United States and District of Columbia (excluding territories), 18 years or older (and of legal age in the state of entrants residence), as of the date of entry except officers, directors, and employees (and members of their household and of their immediate families, i.e., parents, children, stepchildren, spouse, siblings, "step" of each and persons residing in the same household of such immediate family members) of Sony or Maker, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising/Contest/web design agencies and/or their affiliates, assigns or representatives; (hereinafter referred to collectively as "Sony, Maker & Others"), and all other persons or entities associated with the development, administration, Contest, execution of, or supply to this Contest.
Stories featured by Sony in its email will not be eligible for the Contest due to the higher views generated for those stories.
7. RELEASE: By acceptance of a prize, the winner releases Sony, Maker & Others, from and against any and all liability and claims or causes of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property with respect to all aspects of this Contest, including those arising out of participation in this Contest, any prize related activity whether sponsored by Sony or third parties, or the acceptance or possession or use/misuse of the prize or any component of the prize.
Sony and Maker do not accept any liability for the publication of unlawfully reproduced images and videos. Entrant will be responsible for any claim made by any third party in respect of their entry and to fully indemnify Sony or Maker in respect of all royalties, fees and any other monies owing to any person or entity by reason of entrant breaching any of the foregoing.
ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SONY AND MAKER RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a potential winner based on an email address, the winning entry will be deemed to have been made by the Authorized Account Holder of the email address submitted at time of entry. "Authorized Account Holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. NEITHER SONY NOR MAKER MAKE WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NONINFRINGEMENT.
Sony and Maker accept no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the Contest or accepting any prize. Sony and Maker further disclaim liability for any injury or damage to you or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with the Contest.
Sony and Maker shall not be liable for any failure to comply with their obligations relating to this Contest where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
9. DISPUTES: Issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Contest Rules shall be governed by the laws of the State of Delaware. All disputes arising out of or connected with this Contest will be resolved individually, and without resort to class action. Should there be a conflict between the laws of the State of Delaware and any other laws, the conflict will be resolved in favor of the laws of the State of Delaware. All judgments or awards shall be limited to actual incurred out-of-pocket expenses (excluding attorneys' fees) associated with participation in this Contest and shall not include any indirect, punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages.
10. GENERAL: By participating in the Contest, entrants agree to these Contest Rules and the decisions of Sony and Maker, which are final and binding in all matters and all respects relating to this Contest. This Contest is void in Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico and wherever else prohibited by law. Acceptance of a prize constitutes the winner's consent to the use of his/her name, biographical information, photograph, and/or likeness for advertising and publicity purposes as determined by Sony, Maker, or their designees without further compensation, except where prohibited by law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Sony, Maker & Others are not responsible for any entries and/or Apps that are lost, late, undelivered, misdelivered or postage due mail. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
11. WINNER: For the name of the winners, no later than 09/30/2017, send an email to [email protected]
Sponsor: Sony Electronics Inc., 16535 Via Esprillo, San Diego, CA 92127.
The Sony Electronics Inc. Story of the Month Contest Official Rules may not be reprinted or republished in whole or in part without the prior written permission of Sony Electronics Inc.