If you have used or are currently using a good internet connection, a well-equipped communication system, a versatile phone etc, you have fiber optics to thank for. Fiber optics has revolutionized how we perceive telecommunications. Fiber optics communication systems are a revolutionary method used to transmit information by the means of light from one point to another at greater speed, efficiency and more accuracy. The information is transmitted using an optic fiber that sends light signal across a wave. Without any debate, it is safe to say that fiber optic systems are the future of communication for the entire world.
Fiber optic cables come in various shapes and sizes. From patch cables to fiber optic pigtails, there is a lot of be understood for a successful transaction. Not only the term is important but also its function, For example, fiber optic pigtails are used to terminate the fiber with connectors. Similarly, all other cables need to be understood. Fiber optics has been enjoying the popularity and impeccable growth for over twenty years now. With the advancement of technology, the market demand has increased multiple folds thus personifying our methods to communicate. The ultimate objective of fiber optics is to safely deliver the signals without any noise and without excessive efforts from the team.
How does it work?
The concept is simple to understand. As fiber optic communication makes use of light, the optic signals need to be converted to an electrical signal before getting started. These converted signals are then processed, routed and sent across to their receiving end. Once received by the destination, it is converted back to its original state which is the optical signals. This process of converting the signals is referred to as the O-E-O process. These signals are sent across long distances. The entire process takes place in the optical domain so no electronics are required with increase in data rates. Fiber optics has become absolutely indispensable for the communication industry today. Their value and contribution is immense and they improve the efficiency of how we communicate.
Benefits of fiber optic communication systems:
There is a sea full of benefits of adopting fiber optic communication systems. Some of them are given below:
1. Security: With more communication options, at some level, the security and the safety of your messages are compromised. But not with fiber optics.
2. Low maintenance: They are resistant to water and several other chemicals.
3. Lesser Interference: It does not function with the principle of electricity. Hence any electromagnetic interruption is out of question.
4. Efficiency: Optic cables far more times faster than the usual copper cables. The speed is impeccable and the connection is always sound and unaltered.
5. Better Quality: With speed, quality is also a benefit. This is due to the high-quality technology used in fiber optics.
Fiber optics can be used to transmit signals to get better mobile network connection, fast internet and uninterrupted television signals. Imagine living without these three? Impossible! Thanks to fiber optics communication!